Monday, July 5, 2010

An American Canada Day

So, last Thursday was Canada. And what an interesting way to spend it...

I got up and looked at my closet. I decided at that moment, since it was Canada Day, I would purposefully wear something patriotic to my nation. I put on my Red Canada Roots T-shirt and left the house (with shorts on too). I went to Phillipe's in downtown LA and had a meeting with the rest of interns and our supervisors (Sueann and Jason). After that Chad and I went to the Office to cut and fold the programs.

After that... we were lucky enough to be invited to a Pool Party/BBQ at Erwin McManus' house. So, we drove there and ended up hanging out with Erwin's family and other Mosaic paid staff members and families. It was great talking with all of these people who are close with this man who is highly respected and shunned in the Christian community. It was great. It was also very humbling to be in his presence and to realize that Erwin (this multi-published author, entrepreneur and influential person in our generation) was bbqing my lunch. It was a great night. What a way to spend my Canada Day.

OH, and when we were about to pray for the meal... they announced "Happy 4th of July" and I retorted "Actually, it's Happy Canada Day... It's Canada Day today!" They weren't impressed! OH WELL! okay peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment