Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Climbing a Mountain to an American Celebration

Friday began a weekend adventure that I will never forget. One because it is in my memory and two because it will typed out on here on record. There were two adventurers alongside with me. We got up and started the journey to the Hike Trail. We began our scale of the Mountain called Wilson. The first stretch was a great start, we had a great pace. The sun and heat were making it slightly unbearable, but we persevered. We past first water.

We began to start escalating the major part of the mountain. I began to feel the hike! Absolutely exhilarating!!! We took a few stops along the way and got to Orchard Camp. The next stretch was the most difficult and most strenuous. It is a constant climb up to the top to reach Manzanita Ridge. After an hour we climb 1 and a bit miles. It slightly painful, but we made it! It was liberating. Cate, Chad, and my trek back down the mountain was a breeze... we were practically running down the mountain, but we had a great conversation... YEY for team building experiences. Sad moment... my running shoes were destroyed!

Saturday, the three of us went to Huntington Beach to go to Chad's friend's softball game. So, we went and met Derek... after that we went to eat sushi. Chad was a sushi virgin... Cate and I were shocked. But I will say that Chad is an absolute trooper! He is SO willing to try new things and experience life. It is very encouraging to be around people who are capable of doing things they have never done before! Then after lunch, we hung out at Sunset Beach. It was wonderful!

It was Independence day on Sunday. What a crazy and amazing day! Got up early to head to Pasadena to WCIU. We threw a traditional Picnic Party. It is so much fun and a lot of work. The turn out... was Great! People stayed until 3 and then clean up happened! After that I had a house sitting run through with Eric Bryant as I have been house and dog sitting for the past week here. I then went to a friend's house for a pool party and BBQ. We walked from the house to San Marino to watch the fireworks. Walked back and then I just went home after that!

A great weekend to say the least!

No comments:

Post a Comment